Once upon the Woodford River cycle tour
Following the original meandering route of the Woodford River this section of the Shannon Erne Blueway cycle trail transports you from the foothills of the Slieve Russell Mountains deep into a rolling rural landscape dotted with relics of Celtic heritage. On this waterside route you are likely to be accompanied by sedate cruiser traffic as they navigate past. The cycle trail head at Ballyconnell is easily accessed within short cycling distance of the Slieve Russell Hotel, B&B’s and self-catering properties beside the town. On arrival at your destination trail head beside Ballyheady why not explore the local Bronze age Cairn. Ponder the mystery of these magnificent relics before returning to Ballyconnell. Alternatively continue your journey with a sedate paddle along this tree lined Blueway and canoe while exploring deeper into the countryside from the water.
- Distance – 5 km
- Duration – 1 hour
- Availability – see calendar
- Contact details – email@example.com 086 2468085
- Start location -54.109720, -7.581833
- Exact inclusions of Experience – Hire bikes and helmets.
- Capacity – Min 3/Max18
- Booking terms & conditions – As per confirmation email.
- Mobility level – Sedate exercise.
- Access – Parking at Ballyconnell trail head.
- Facilities – Bathrooms available in Ballyconnell .
- Tea/coffee/food available in Ballyconnell.
- Price- Adult bike €20, Kids bike €15 pp/day.
- Equipment – As an outdoor activity we recommend suitable footwear and clothing for the elements including a warm waterproof coat. All equipment including helmets, puncture repair kit and pump provided.