Lough Erne Castle tour
Cycling the shoreline landscape that surrounds Lough Erne offers as much opportunities for discovery as it does from the water itself. Escape to Crom Estate a breath taking 2,000-acre demesne, set amid the romantic and tranquil landscape of Upper Lough Erne. This 5km way-marked route starts from the Visitor Centre on a mixture of track and off-road. A left after the visitor centre takes you through a gate into beautiful flat parkland. Follow the path to the Old Castle where one of Ireland’s oldest yew trees sits, reputed to be over 1,000 years old. Pedal along the loughside past the impressive boathouse, before crossing the White Bridge onto the lush Inisherk Island. Travel to the quay before retracing your route back to the bridge. Discover the Summer House, ancient oak woodland, Upper Lough Erne on your left, the imposing Crom Castle rising to your right, stable yards, and the Green Lough, all enroute back to base and the Visitor Centre.
- Distance – 5 km
- Duration – 1 hour
- Availability – see calendar
- Contact details – email@example.com 086 2468085
- Start location – 54.163186, -7.433617
- Exact inclusions of Experience – Hire bikes and helmets.
- Capacity – Min 3/Max18
- Booking terms & conditions – As per confirmation email.
- Mobility level – Sedate exercise. A mixture of track and off-road.
- Access – Parking at Crom Estate Visitor Centre.
- Facilities – Bathrooms available adjacent to Crom Estate Visitor Centre .
- Tea/coffee/food available in Crom Estate Visitor Centre.
- Price- Adult bike €20, Kids bike €15 pp/day.
- Equipment – As an outdoor activity we recommend suitable footwear and clothing for the elements including a warm waterproof coat. All equipment including helmets, puncture repair kit and pump provided.