Cherry on the Lake
One of Leitrim’s and Irelands most beautiful and scenic lakes with many Islands, including Cherry Island. Garadice covers 389 hectares and represents one of the premiere bodies of water on the Shannon Erne Blueway. Rich in heritage and local folklore the Lake is dotted with many Islands and crannogs. Canoe the route St Patrick once followed when he crossed the lake on his way to destroy the pagan idol Crom Cruach. The lakeshore and Islands are heavily forested, providing endless tree lined vistas in every direction. There are shoreline forest trails which offer every opportunity to pull ashore and explore. This is a canoe tour which captures the essence of rural tranquillity and provides a new vista around each and every headland.
- Duration – 4 hours
- Availability – see calendar
- Contact details – email@example.com 086 2468085
- Start location – 54.056459, -7.691930
- Exact inclusions of Experience – Qualified canoe tour guide, canoes, buoyancy aids and paddles. Light lunch, fruits and liquids.
- Capacity – Min 3/Max18
- Booking terms & conditions – As per confirmation email.
- Mobility level – sedate exercise.
- Access – Via cycle trail or parking available adjacent to starting point.
- Facilities – Bathrooms available at Houghtons shore.
- Tea/coffee/food available at the corner and smiths restaurants, Ballinamore.
- Price- €35 pp
- Equipment – As an outdoor activity we recommend suitable footwear and clothing for the elements including a warm waterproof coat. It is not necessary to wear a wetsuit.
- All equipment including paddles, buoyancy aids and dry bags are provided.