Explore the Magical Wild Atlantic Way
Overlooking the broad Atlantic where the three counties of Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo meet, Tullaghan village Co. Leitrim offers another gateway into discovery just off the Wild Atlantic Way. From Tullaghan village why not delve deeper into a rich mix of beautiful landscapes, peaceful lakes, picturesque hills and vibrant towns. Welcome to one of the most surprising and unspoilt parts of Ireland, Co. Leitrim on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Its rural communities are as far from fast-paced city living as you can get, yet right on the doorstep of the Wild Atlantic Way with so much more to discover. Dip your toe into not only the lakes of this region but also the culture, history and nature on offer.
Around northwest Ireland
Following your road trip along the Wild Atlantic Way, why not stop in Tullaghan village and then continue your journey inland into the heart of northwest Ireland. There is so much more for you to discover.
- If you are looking for a short getaway out in nature, the landscape of Ireland’s northwest is a haven of tranquillity, brimming with wildlife and diverse scenery. The forests, open moorland and impressive castles offer a wide choice of outdoor adventures. You can also uncover the rich history of this beautiful landscape by following its many tracks and trails on foot, bike or car.
- The Five Glens Wild Atlantic Loop offers an alternative driving tour, with perspectives and places of interest on existing as well as newly developed attractions for you to explore and experience. Discover specular scenery at Glenade, Glenaniff,Glenfarne,Glenboy and Glencar.
- Visit Parkes Castle on the shores of Lough Gill, stop for a coffee in the Tea shed Glencar or the Castle Café in Manorhamilton.
- Drumshanbo and The Shed Distillery, the curious Journey of the curious mind. Take the tour of this fully operational, authentic distillery. An incredible journey into the heart of rural Ireland and the Inner Sanctum of the first distillery in Connacht in 101 years. The Shed Distillery of PJ Rigney, the home of Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin, Drumshanbo Single Pot Still, and other remarkable creations from the curious mind of PJ Rigney.
- Just ninety minutes from tip to toe, Leitrim on the Wild Atlantic Way is a region packed with beautiful places to see and things to do.